It's saturday and my last full day in Bradford. G and I are going to visit his mum and I'm a little nervous.
The trip has been great and G's friends are awesome. We went to two pubs on New Year's and then a party with friends. The English have a custom of wearing costumes for New Year's and there were some interesting ones. There was also a fair amount of women in sexy maid outfits. We watched the UK version of Dick Clark's rocking NYE and it was good because they had talented guests instead of the random collection of b-list celebs. The house where we were is near a canal and there was a great fireworks show to ring in 2009. There was much drinking and silliness and I had a great time.
Jan first was spent in bed watching bowl games. I got G to root for USC and he actually didn't mind watching yank football.
There's a curry shop across the street from G where we eat most of our meals. We finished the night with a movie and a lovely chicken tikka masala and chips. The chips with curry makes me laugh.
The trip has been fantastic and I wish I didn't have to leave. G hopes to come to the US for my birthday and I hope he has as good a time. Okay, off to visit mum. Wish me luck.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Blind Item #8
18 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment